So here's my first article to "pin." It is a release from the National Institute of Health (from 2002) stating that women with endometriosis have a higher occurrence of other diseases such as allergies, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia- indicating the need for further research into the immune aspect of the disease. Here's the link to the website (article included below): http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/sep2002/nichd-26.htm
- Autoimmune diseases — disorders in which the immune system attacks the body's own tissues.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome — a strong feeling of fatigue that lasts for at least six months without letting up.
- Fibromyalgia — a recurrent pain in the muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Endocrine diseases — disorders of the glandular tissue
- Atopic diseases — such as allergies or asthma